So, I have a large programme delivering an e-commerce portal, its sitting on SAP Hybris for the back office and Sitecore for the presentation layer.
The presentation layer is composed of a flexgrid we receive from a supplier.
The content for that grid is generated by the marketing team and all the data and "objects" we are going to sell as bundles and packages consisting of groups of data objects are managed in the back office by yet more, different teams.
I envision a workflow for the presentation layer, something along the lines of "received from supplier -> Flexgrid tested across browsers -> content populated -> data objects received and tested in context -> final E2E test"
I then have a second workflow, for the data objects that are being created ( again by different teams ) in the back office.
This workflow intersects with the UI workflow at the point "data objects are received"
So, by considering intersecting two workflows, am I making a mistake in design? My thoughts are that I will use tags to control which issues appear on which board at any point in time, is this a viable solution?
What would you do? This is a very complex programme, six or seven teams are delivering in an asynchronous "not massively joined up" kind of way, how do I model these inter dependencies?