Hi,
I've read a few other questions that skirt around around this issue, but can't find an answer to my specific query. I'm using Jira Cloud and a sprint board.
I have a story, A, that has two subtasks, x and y, that use the 'relates to' link.
If I pull A, x and y into a sprint but only x is moved to done, what will happen when I end the sprint?
If I move incomplete tasks into a new sprint, will A, x and y all be pulled into the new sprint or will only A and y be pulled in?
If all 3 tickets will get pulled into the new sprint, is there a way of still using a link between the tickets for reference that will enable only A and y to be pulled into the new sprint? Or would this only be possible if there were no links (so I would have to reference the 'link' in a comment or in the ticket description - I'd like to avoid this sort of bodge!)?
The team I am currently working in does a lot of content work where often only parts of a story are possible during a sprint, for various reasons. We'd like to have a scenario where we are still able to claim points from a sprint so that we can effectively use a burndown and not have lots of tickets clogging up the board. For example A might be an 8 point story, with x worth 5 points and y worth 3. We'd like to 'claim' the 5 points for x without the whole story being done.
Thanks in advance.