I have a QA coworker who manages a large flight check list out of a confluence page. They recently mentioned how big of a pain it is to manually uncheck everything for a new run so I thought I might be able to create a Chrome Extension that will allow them to hit a button to uncheck everything on the confluence page. I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do that though.
So far I have tried removing the "checked" class from the "li" nodes which updates the appearance but does not actually update the state (i.e. if you leave the page and come back they are all checked again). I have also attempted triggering a click event on each of the "li" items but that does not appear to have any impact on the check list items. It looks like the check box, which is a background image, is the only clickable area but I am not sure how to trigger a click event on these to update checkbox status. Does anyone have any idea how to do this with standard javascript or jQuery?