I need to run the JIRA config tool to change my JIRA's database connection. So I went to the bin folder (installed on a Windows Server) and ran the config batch file. This is what I get:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin>config
*******************************************************************************
******* Wrong JVM version! JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run. *******
*******************************************************************************
So I check the JAVA_HOME variable and it's set properly (actually, there is no older version of Java installed on this machine as far as I know):
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_73
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin>echo %JRE_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_73
I set it up this way because I am trying to run Bamboo as well on this server and had read this is the correct configuration of Java variables, although I haven't been successful yet. At any rate, I change the environment variable for JAVA_HOME to point to the JRE, but I still get the same error from the config tool. Also, after stopping all of the services, I can longer start Bitbucket or Bamboo now. It tried to start the services briefly, then immediately stops and gives me an error with no info about why.
So I'm very stuck now, and in the middle of trying to evaluate these products for purchase. Any help in getting these up and running is very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Eddie