Hi all,
I'm wondering if there's a way to set the users for an add-on or the project that can use it since it's just need it for a certain project and I want to control that only people from this project can use the add-on.
Thanks
Hi @PaulaAnton,
From JIRA itself, you can not restrict certain users from using the add-on. But also it depends on the type of add-on you use and what areas of JIRA it covers, so, possibly tweaking JIRA's configuration can also restrict add-on usage.
However, add-on vendor can do that for you. Actually, add-on developer can modify accessibility of add-on based on permissions given to users or projects. Unfortunately, most add-ons does not provide such feature.
I hope this helps.
Thanks.
Hi @Aakash T,
thanks. I want to enable the Worklogs add-on and since it's only needed for 1 project I want to pay only 10 users license. For this is directly JIRA the vendor, can they do the limitation as well?
@PaulaAnton,
No, licensing won't work that way, you need to pay for number of users your instance have and not the only users who will be using that add-on. I think it would be much better if we pay only for those users who actually use add-on. But for now that's not the case.
hi @Aakash T
yes,I completely agree but I guess Atlassian has another plans for that.
Anyway, thanks a lot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.