I am trying to bulk move issues from my classic project to a next-gen project.I have reached an impasse when I am requested to select the project I am moving to as well as t he issue types (see image below).I am fully aware that sub-tasks are not yet implemented in next-gen projects. My understanding is that they either get removed or transformed to other types.Why do I then get the error: "No sub-task issue types exist for your selected project and you have X sub-tasks to move. Please choose another project." I do not want to "choose another project".
Hello,
You should convert your sub-tasks to tasks first and then do migration.
How do we do that in bulk?
I've tried by finding all the sub-tasks, then choosing Bulk Change... but the drop-down next to Change Issue Type does not display "Task" as an option.
I am also having the same issue. How do we convert all the sub-tasks to tasks? I am looking to migrate from classic jira to next-gen jira.
Thanks
@Ovey Yeung I recommend creating a test next-gen board before you commit. To make sure it will do what you want.
It's a little immature - e.g., sprints are required to generate some reports but sprints are not yet implemented.
I'm keen to implement cycle time tracking so that I know how long a task or story spends in each column in the value flow. I can't do that yet with the next-gen board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.