Please advise
this question is quite similar to one I engaged on earlier but can't find at the moment. I was hoping to find it as I think i left it incomplete.
I believe that you would need a plugin, e.g. Scriptrunner and leverage the Issuefunction jql function to build a filter for your board that will display only issues where the Epic Link is not Empty and where the associated Epic Status = In Progress.
Hi @Ahmed Dewjee,
Welcome to the Community!
You can use this JQL to filter the search
issuetype in (Story) AND "Epic Status" IS (in progress)
Please refer this & this about using JQL
Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Lava
@Lava Kumar Dukanam _Appfire_, are you sure this is correct, I mean did you test it? A couple concerns I have here:
The first part will result only in issuetype of stories which is good but the AND will fail as Epic Status is not field associated w/ the Stories that were found in the first part of the query. That is to say the two components are mutually exclusive and the list will always be empty. At least I think that is the case. Also the "IS" cannot be followed by "(in progress)" only Empty. Maybe you meant "Epic Status" = "In Progress"?
Now maybe this works in Server? On Cloud I don't think it does but I certainly could be wrong here.
Hi @Jack Brickey,
Thanks for you comment. I've not tested this on the real system, but i can set it up and give it a shot. Will post my findings later today.
Thanks,Lava
@Jack Brickey is right about the scriptrunner app for this. You can use a JQL statement like this:
issueFunction in Issuetype = Story and issuesInEpics("Projects in (ProjectA, ProjectB) and status = 'in progress'")
where ProjectA and ProjectB are the projects that hold your epics. The issuetype = Story part is just for limiting to only stories, of course.
Unfortunately, I am not the admin so I do not have permission to install the Scriptrunner plugin. Is there any alternative that does not require a plugin?
Not to my knowledge. I would discuss with your admin. It might be you already have Scriptrunner installed or another app that could accomplish.
You can use the Agile Tools and Filters app
Simply
1. Go to the backlog and use the Epic Panel JQL filter (provided by Agile Tools and Filters app): status = "In progress" or epicStatus = "In progress"
Now you're all set Epic Panel will show In progress epics only.
Select any epic and you'll see relevant Stories.
Here are some samples
https://extensi.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ABF/pages/31850177/Epics+Versions+Lists+filtering+on+Backlog#Epics&VersionsListsfilteringonBacklog-JQLfilteringonEpics&Versionspanels
May 10, 2019 - is the day over yet? Looking for your answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.