I need some advice on how to set up conditions for the "time to first response" SLA if the agent is contacting the customer not via the service desk but via phone, personal email, face to face... Currently the SLA counting is set up in a way that the counting will stop when there is a comment for the customer.
I have defined a custom field which shows if the customer was contacted outside of the service desk, but I cannot define this field to be set as a condition for stopping the clock. I can define the SLA starting, pausing and ending time only based on status, comment and resolution (set or cleared).
I thought maybe I can create a temporary resolution type (contacted via phone), however if I set any resolution the ticket won't be visible in the customer portal any more, so that is not a good workaround.
I found a feature request to stop SLA counting manually, but this is only for server: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5172
I would like to avoid over-complicating the workflow by adding an additional status. Could you please help me out here? How did others solve this issue? Thanks!