We receive emails from one of our internal systems to our Service Desk that, by default, come in as the default type (Type: Service Request) and need to be manually moved to a different type (Type: Incident). Moving the Type from Service Request to Incident is pretty straightforward and simple but we want to automate these types of "tickets".
I developed the following automation rule to do said task but it fails.
WHEN: Issue Created
IF: Issue Reported: reporter = "do-not-reply@....com"
THEN: Edit Request Type: System Alerts and Errors
Transition Issue: Investigate
Edit Assignee: Me
According to the limited error logging available, I found that the "THEN" statements is where the rule fails for the following:
- Edit request type: System Alerts and Errors
- Transition issue: Investigate
The 3rd "THEN" statement works, and the 2nd statement fails because it's requiring the 1st to work. Since the 1st THEN statement is calling the Request Type: System Alerts and Errors, I wonder if it has something to do with that?
I've called Atlassian support, and after a lot of back and forth, got them on the phone and the only thing they told me was "Yup! It doesn't work. Bye."
This SHOULD work from the built-in Automation rules.