Is there a way to copy subtasks from one JIRA ticket to another ticket? There's cloning functionality but it's not what I'd like to use.
@Kim Dinh
Cloning is the only option. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use it?
Best,
@Kim Dinh, can you speak to why you want to “copy”? The reason I ask is that if you simply are wanting to replicate a task and sub-tasks to facilitate recurring tasks you can use automation addon.
Hi Kim,
Cloning takes too much time and there isn't any other way to do it rather than with an app.
I recommend these ones
Hope this helps
JoshOB1
@fadoua I have existing stories that need a list of subtasks added to them.
I have existing stories that need a list of subtasks added to them. Going forward, I created a story template with all the needed subtasks so I can just clone from it. However, I still have to go into each subtask and remove 'CLONE' text in the subject - just don't like having them there.
Would love to hear about automation add on, is it one of the apps Josh recommended below?
Thanks Josh, I think I'll try out Automatic Subtasks app! Cloning works but as I mentioned above, I have to go into each subtask and remove 'CLONE' in the title. A pain when I have lots of subtasks.
@Kim DinhI agree with you when it comes to the tedious work of removing "clone" from each subtask.
The main question that comes with your choice of having an Add-on is: are you a cloud or server user? If server user you may have more than one option and one of them could be ScriptRunner. If you are a cloud user then you only have ScriptRunner.
All the best,
Yeah, we have server version. Thanks for your response @Tinker Fadoua!
I am familiar w/ both of Josh's recommendation and understand they are both very good. I personally use Automation for Jira and like it. Also Power Scripts is quite powerful as well. However, while I don't use Server it is my understanding that there is native automation so you should investigate if that is the case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.