So I made a horrible mistake in testing, and long story short I set the Announcement Banner to redirect to Jira home, which of course no matter what you try to go to it will try and redirect to Jira home, which then Jira home will redirect to itself. So it's in an infinite loop and won't let me get to System or do anything as it keeps redirecting. I've read that you can access the database to delete it from there, I'm using the embedded H2 database and tried running the follow script:
select pt.id, pt.propertyvalue from propertytext pt join propertyentry pe on pt.id=pe.id where pe.property_key='jira.alertheader';
As well as:
DELETE from propertytext WHERE ID = (select id from propertyentry where property_key='jira.alertheader');
DELETE from propertystring where ID = (select id from propertyentry where property_key='jira.alertheader.visibility');
DELETE from propertyentry where property_key in ('jira.alertheader','jira.alertheader.visibility');<br>Neither of these work it says:
Table "PROPERTYTEXT" not found; SQL statement:
DELETE from propertytext WHERE ID = (select id from propertyentry where property_key='jira.alertheader') [42102-185] 42S02/42102 (Help)
and I can't seem to find anything else on the subject of using H2 to correct this problem. If there's any other way I can reset the announcement banner contents that would work as well.