I am attempting the Atlassian DragonSlayer challenge and a experiencing a problem setting up Jira.
I did the following:
- Installed Oracle JDK.
- Installed PostGreSQL
- Installed JIRA 6.3.15 (Windows 64 Bit)
When attempting to setup Jira in Chrome with the settings set forth in the Dragon Slayer instructions, I get the following error when I click "Test Connection" or "Next":
"You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database."
I just installed this database a few minutes ago, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be empty.
I tried using the JIRA Configuration Tool with the same settings to circumvent the problem. In that tool, when I click "Test Connection," the connection works (great!). However, when I click "Save," I get a different error:
..\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties (Access is denied)
I cannot get past this. The documentation on these errors has not proved helpful to me. Any suggestions?