The user is not administrator of our license.
I think the data is hosted on our server, but not sure.
Thanks for any help!
We'll need to know what Confluence you are running (the Server version, or if it's Cloud) and what App you're trying to install.
This error happens most when you try to import a Connect App into Server though, so I'm guessing that may be what you've tried.
Hi, this is what we use:
Confluence (Server) 100 Users: Commercial License, SEN-2085157
Not sure what you mean by Connect App. We would appreciate practical help - how to solve this - since we will be keep using Confluence.
Thank you!
Connect Apps are "add-ons" for Cloud systems. Server Apps are for Server.
It looks to me like you have found the connector/link for installing a Connect App and tried to use it as an upload for a Server system.
You cannot install Connect (Cloud) Apps on Server, and you cannot install Server Apps on Cloud.
Could you tell us what App you are trying to install?
I don't think there was an active finding of an App.
Our shared working area is wiki.kek.ch. The user tried to open a document within Wiki/Atlassian to work on it, so it would be automatically updated for everyone who works with our Wiki-platform.
The first message is then: "A plugin is required to use this feature. Would you like to install it?"
The second message is: "The add-on downloaded from this page cannot be installed as it seems to be corrupt."
The photos to these messages are attached.
Hello there Franz!
The behaviour you are facing and the procedure described makes me believe that the user was trying to use the Edit in Office feature.
The situation is better described under this bug report:
CONFSERVER-40289 | WebDAV Launcher Office Connector is broken in Firefox 43.0
The workarounds provided there are the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also put this entry in user.js in the firefox profile directory
user_pref("xpinstall.signatures.required", false);
The plugin will now work.
A similar behaviour can also appear in Confluence Cloud instances. Another customer recently faced this behaviour there:
Atlassian Companion Availability | Atlassian Community
Let us know if this helps the user!
Thanks. I will check, may not be today but next week. Will let you know if it works.
I tried.
1. First I disabled the WebDAV launcher in Firefox.
2. Then I tried to download the plugin in Chrome with the link provided in the description. "Page cannot be found". If I search in the search bar of addons.mozilla, I get a WebDAV-version in Russian which I didn't download as everything is in Russian.
3. Then I tried Workaround 2
4. Tried do edit a document in Confluence. Still same messages as before.
How to install the WebDAV launcher again, is there an official version from Mozilla or is it safe to use the Russian version?
Thanks, getting a bit frustrated here.
Unfortunately I have the same problem, neither workaround 1 nor workaround 2 didn't help. Is this already solved? Is there any other way how to work in office tools in firefox?
Same problem.
confluence (local): 6.1.2
firefox 66.0.1
We found a way to ensure that we have all the versions of an edited document listed in Wiki.
1. Download the file you want to work on
2. Edit it
3. Upload the file again through DRAG-AND-DROP, using the exact same file name as before.
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.