Hi all, I have recently started using Jira on my team which is an experienced Agile team. Previously I have used MS TFS so apologies if this is a daft question but my team is currently split between two projects and so thus far has used 2 Jira backlogs.
I want to amalgamate the teams as the technologies etc they use are the same and I therefore want one product backlog. Rather than moving everything from one to the other I would prefer a fresh start.
I created a project in Jira but I only had the option of a Next Gen project as I am not a Jira admin. However now my new project is set up I cannot find a number of things that I want which were available under the older existing projects. The most important thing I am after is the Releases tab in the left hand menu. After googling and youtubing all sorts of Jira issues the only conclusion I can come up with is that this is only available under a Classic project and not a next gen one.
Can anyone please confirm if my assumption is correct before I delete a perfectly good project 
Thanks.