Is there a chance to use Roadmaps on Classic Jira Software projects?
Not yet, and I suspect never - my guess is that classic software projects will be deprecated before roadmaps go into them.
@[deleted]This Article might help you https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773
hope not....
Thanks!
Please vote to add the missing feature to Classic projects https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17214
@[deleted]- consider voting for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17214
Jira classic has needed a roadmap view. Now that there finally is one, it's extremely limited and no customization. Could have made Jira classic so much more useful, but instead created a silo'd product. Now we have multiple incomplete products
Not sure but I can say this....NextGen projects are great but limited to anyone outside of the hierarchy of project management. Classics are more configurable and more user-friendly to all but need the blend of NextGen (roadmaps\kanban integration). Playing around with Classic and NextGen side-by-side, I favor the allure of 80% of NextGen but must side with Classic for the sake of anyone else on the project. NextGen is good for a small team project that you are going to dictator the hell out of but in the grand scheme of things, classic is your best bet until features reach a point of usability.
I agree with Rob's assessment. I've personally experimented with this in the cases of simple and complex projects. I would define complex in my case to mean that the project has dependencies on multiple teams and solutions being built outside of my current team. Small projects, in my case, refer to the groupings of work that folks in my immediate team would own and reside under the same leadership structure.
In the end it's leadership and managers who benefit the most out of Jira's Roadmap functionality, but does little to help the folks who are putting in the work to build whatever the project is.
It seems that this year we get Roadmap for Classic projects, hopefully
@ pavan Link not working anymore :-(
This is a couple of months away and in Beta. Standard and Premium capabilities being developed. Looking really good and very useful for planning.
See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17214 for further info.
Just for ease
https://youtu.be/1afSOnhTeic?t=2637
Agree with Rob, feel the same re roadmap feature. 'add watchers' has gone from tickets too, argh!
appreciate the shares guys
Great
Any news here Mark? Im really interested in tying this into all my Classic projects.
Any updates would be appreciated.
In case this helps anyone - unless I missed messaging from Atlassian on this one (and I watch the associated ticket pretty closely!) it appears that 'Roadmaps' for 'Classic Projects' has suddenly appeared in the Jira cloud offering today! It's labelled up as being in 'Beta' and myself and my organisation were not part of the advertised 'Beta' program so looks like this is now in a 'public Beta' release.Some documentation has appeared for this- https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/create-manage-and-visualize-your-epics-on-the-roadmap-1004952901.html
I myself have followed the instructions to enable it and have been playing with it and it seems to be functioning pretty much like I'd expect after having used the 'Roadmaps' feature in a 'next-gen' project.Enjoy!
I tried creating a new board to see if it would have it, but it appears to be flagged on and off at a higher level than that. Hoping it rolls out quickly, I need it!
We now have roadmaps for classic projects! Check out how to enable them here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap-1004952906.html
@Vincent Synan check it out here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap-1004952906.html
Welp, I guess I am going to have to keep using a separate software for this. Only possible to enable for projects that do not share boards.... Why create some unnecessary limitation like this. I was so excited to see this feature, and was ready to move to JIRA fully for all my PM needs.
Hello, do you know if we can use the roadmap on free plan? seems like I cannot find the board settings like the one in the link. Thanks for helping
@thomas_knox wondering what software do you use?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.