Hi,
i'm looking into this new JIRA agility board and can't find anywhere I can make some of the fields mandatory
Is there a specific way I need to do this on next gen projects?
Thanks
Ravi
Hi @Ravi Mistry,
Unfortunately this is not possible yet. As many thing currently this is on Atlassian Roadmap...
"Required fields, default values and more custom field types and options coming soon."
When this could be live? No idea. That is not an official information yet.
Hi Mirek and Ravi, please follow the roadmap page for updates: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software
Anybody know the status for required fields?
@Pavel V, yes we are very aware of the roadmap page but what was once updated with "Shipped" items almost weekly or biweekly, now has zero updates for exactly 3 months. Has JIRA Next-Gen reduced in priority for Atlassian as a whole?
@Tom Leser apologies regarding the roadmap. This has slipped through the gaps for a while - I'm currently compiling all the updates and I will publish a new roadmap next week.
With regards to required fields, a change in priorities means this will be removed from shipping soon and falls back into the backlog of changes for next-gen projects.
Again apologies for the inconvenience this will cause.
Is there an add-on app we can use for this?
Any forecast for having this Field Mandatory option?
I suffered this issue for a while. With the recent automation feature, I had the following workaround solution as the site admin.
Trigger: when a new task is created and required custom field is not filled.
Action: Send the initiator an email cc to me telling the required field is blank.
@[deleted]- doesn't seem so. I'd vote up JSWCLOUD-17631 if you're interested in being able to set fields as required in next gen projects.
Hi @Ravi Mistry - it's not possible to have a mandatory field on issue creation in next-gen projects; however it is possible to create a workflow rule to check a field has been populated on transition to another status "Check an issue's field" https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/add-or-remove-workflow-rules-in-next-gen-projects-1005805110.html#:~:text=Rules%20help%20you%20streamline%20your,workflows%20in%20next%2Dgen%20projects.
For mandatory fields on issue creation, you can add your vote to the feature suggestion here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631 This will happen, although not likely in the next 12 months.
Apologies for the inconvenience!
This rule doesn't work for us. Should it stop the transition from happening if the rule isn't fulfilled?
@matt.belway it should prevent the transition happening. Can you share a screenshot of your rule and explain what it is you are trying to do?
You still let the task to be created with the blank "mandatory" field. If you have standard jira this automation could easily use up the 1000 max usage per month.
I'm new at Jira, at work before we suppose to use our developed product. But from now on what I see, is Jira need to make money on APP so they get rid of basic functionality and literally force companies to use external JIRA APP. It is a big shame.
JSWCLOUD-17631 says it will be available end of 2022.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.