I have created a Scrum project using the next-gen template but am not seeing the vertical Version "tab" on the backlog management screen. Is this not available in this template? Is this something I need to enable - I can't find anything in the settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,
Versions are not available in the next-gen projects.
I was afraid that was the answer. Thank you though!
Hi, is there's a plan to add versions to next gen projects?
I have not seen this plan yet.
Hello
Why there aren't any plans to add versioning and releasing for next-gen projects?
I understand that next-gen projects are to be more concise and simple but that doesn't necessarily mean that we do not need VERSIONING and RELEASING in our products and projects !!
We enabled full support for release functionality in Next-Gen projects in app Swanly release timeline for Jira Cloud.You can create release for Next-Gen project, access Releases screen and assign versions to Next-Gen issues. just like in clasic projects.
There is much more features available in the app eg. Visualisation of releases on Timeline, Adding custom stages to releases, cross-project releases…(I'm the product owner of the app)
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-timeline-for-jira
Yes thank you but I'm already paying for JIRA, for me, that is a non-optional feature, it shouldn't be an app or a plugin bringing it; it should be a standard feature or if so, it should be free !
This is nuts... you remove a critical feature of simply managing version releases from the product and now we have to go and pay another 3rd party to get it back.
I love your products but sometimes I really question decisions you guys make when it comes to looking after your users.
100% Agreed with @Wilmer DAZA
I'm already paying for JIRA. Hence the plugin should be free !
Next-gen project is a ridiculous product compare to the previous version of the JIRA.
Me too, this sucks! I actually like the simplicity of the Next-Gen, but this feature is definitely a must have!
Agreed with my colleagues below: the next-gen project template is too raw for professional and efficient usage. No versions, no advanced board settings, no epic management within backlog.That would be a nice solution for management tasks or demo version of JIRA but definitely not for professional projects.
Just to interject, it would be awesome to get releases... and be able to use them as milestones in the roadmap feature...
Totally agree. This is must have feature especially once you introducing the Roadmap view for the project, but there is no way to slice it to different stages, such as MVP, FVP, V2 and so on
I would love a simple Fix Version field and Releases options in Next-Gen, like it was in Classic Jira. I believe Portfolio can provide this detail, but for smaller projects that do not have a need for Portfolio this is a tad inconvenient.
It's very important for our organisation to have an issue about the management of release. It's very close with the roadmap.
Could you say us when this feature can be implement in the next gen project? Without this we can't move in the next gen. We will happy to change but without this we can't move.Thank you for your answers;
This has now been announced for 2019: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#shipped
Hi, Has this been resolved already? Or do the users still have to pay for a 3rd party app to be able to manage releases in Next Generation projects?
Thanks
Please bring back Versions!!!
I'm seeing documentation on this... but it's not available in my cloud version yet. I'm hoping it's being rolled out as we speak. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/releases-and-versions-980451731.html
Did it show up for you? Still not seeing in it our cloud version either.
Not for me. I logged out, logged in, created a new Scrum next-gen project but cannot see fixVersion yet. Do Atlassian roll the features out to subsets of their user-base to start with, gradually widening the subset? I think someone mentioned an early interest/ beta group but this was not published anywhere that I would get notifications from.
Has anyone been able to view the feature? I can't see it - I'm assuming that they just released the support article before they released the functionality......
I don't see it yet... I would love to see versions in Next-Gen projects OR Roadmap functionality in classic roadmaps. If you breath scrum/kanban it is weird to me that you leave a (different) critical part out on both solutions.
Removing a critical feature from a "Next-Gen" category project and telling us we have to pay for it if we want it back? That's not honest at all.
I kept waiting but I will have to move 7 projects to the classic layout just because of this.
No... I see that it's just expected in 2019, but doesn't appear to be released yet.
I just created some new Kanban and Scrum Next Gen Boards and I can see the option now.
Hi Folks, I'm excited to announce that releases and versions (Milestone 1) is now available for you to use on your next-gen projects!
All you need to do is enable the 'Releases and versions' toggle in the feature page under Project Settings, more details are available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/releases-and-versions-980451731.html.
Milestone 1 includes the ability to:
I've just published a Community post about the experience for you if you're interested in learning more: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/New-features-for-next-gen-projects-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/1232149
We are shipping additional functionality in subsequent milestones which we anticipate we'll be able to roll out soon after milestone 1.
In the meantime please let me know if you have any feedback on the above!
Kind regards,
Gareth.
=/ I will stick with the classic project for a while since I had to migrate them all a few days ago...
Maybe I will try these new features on next-gen projects in the future.. Thanks anyway.
Would have been good to know that versions from classic projects don't migrate to the new ones. Lots of information was lost there.
Using the New Gen Version - Quite unhappy as we can longer see Sub Tasks Grouped By Assignee as We Create one User Story and we create Back-End, Front-End & Design Sub Tasks Assigned To Different Resources. Therefore we can't see or track individual effort to deliver on a User Story.
@whammyIt looks like this late 2019 upgrade to the "next-gen" project template adds a "Fix Versions" field (yay!) but not an "Affect Versions" field (boo!).
I'm not sure how people use this if they can't state the version of the software a bug was reported in. Like, what?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.