Hello,
I created custom fields for my Story issue type. I've tried to use those same fields on my Bug issue type by selecting them from the "Previously created fields" area. The fields selected from that area don't display on my Bug issue type. My bug issue type will display any new fields I create. It seems to be a problem with the shared fields. Any idea how to get them to display?
Hey @Josh Kench
I have made this mistake many times, even testing just now, but have you saved the changes after adding the fields to your bug issue type screen?
If that's not the case would you mind sending some screen shots of the issues or if there are any errors?
@BRI Tech I'm definitely saving the changes. If I add a brand new field to my Bug then it works fine. If I try to use an existing field from a Story then it doesn't work. I've even tried adding a new field along with the existing field hoping that it would pick up both. That hasn't worked either.
Were you able to update the field on the create screen?
I am getting the same problem except I can't even see the field on the create screen.
I can update it. I just updated the field on my Bug screen and the change was reflected on my Story screen. I then checked an actual story and the change was reflected there. I then changed it back. The field never showed on an actual Bug though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.