I'm trying to get an application link up and running. I've read over the OAuth 2 documentation and have the type, alg, iss, and other claims, but I'm stuck. In trying to add where my application lives as an application link, I get an error and no more information that seems required by OAuth. Further, the iss claim I'm supposed to send is a Confluence issued app key. How do I get this key? How do I get the Confluence secret?
This leads to other questions such as the authentication handshake. I've not been able to find info on the nature or payloads involved. Is this different from requesting a JWT?
The whole mutual authentication part seems very opaque. Also, documentation seems stale depending on where you come in which is understandable with a platform history like Atlassian's but is frustrating nonetheless. Has anyone successfully integrated apps with app links?
This is for a custom integration for my environment with Confluence Cloud.