Hi, I have a node js site that uses Oauth 2 to authenticate with Jira.Followed this documentation. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps/Authentication part seems to work fine. I get the authToken and cloudId andwhen I make a request to get all projects or an issue with id, then every thing works fine.But when I try to get all issues or boards then I get the "403 Forbidden" error.Request headersmethod: "GET",headers: { 'Authorization': 'Bearer {access_token}' , 'Accept': 'application/json'}Request urlhttps://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloud_id}/rest/api/3/issue/{id} - returns issuehttps://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloud_id}/rest/api/3/project- returns all projectshttps://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloud_id}/rest/api/3/issue - returns 403https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloud_id}/rest/api/3/board- returns 403
So what am I missing here, why cant i get boards and issues?
Hi @Tõnu Roosi,
I cannot find anywhere documented that there is an endpoint to GET all the issues. The only documentation I have found for the endpoint /rest/api/3/issue is the below one and it is actually to create an issue using POST:
Then, same as above, there is no rest/api/3/board endpoint. The one to get all boards is actually /rest/agile/1.0/board. Find the documentation below:
Cheers,Dario
Hi Dario,
thank your for the replay.I solved the issue problem using search. /rest/api/3/search/?jql={search_params}But I still have problem getting all the boards.Unfortunately /rest/agile/1.0/board also returns the 403 error.
Regards,Tõnu
Can you make sure the user has Jira Software rights and access to at least one boad?
You can doble-check this by logging into the instance, e.g. https://something.atlassian.net, and then navigate to the same rest endpoint by pasting below url in your Internet browser address bar:
https://something.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board
Yes, user has Jira Software rights.When I log into my Jira and navigate to the .../rest/agile/1.0/board then I get a list of boards as expected.
Thank you for this thread and the issue you have created to watch - I am trying to use our private connect app to make REST API calls using JWT. It seems to be returning 403 for this endpoint https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-other-operations/#api-agile-1-0-board-get - I even saw it the app/system user has permissions and it seems it does have access and SD and Software.
However when I do any request to the Cloud API, it works fine. Any idea why or what the issue is?
Thank you in advance
Even I have a doubt,How could you solve 403 Forbidden error? Please clarify anyone.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.