I'm trying to install Jira, in fact I've tried to install Jira core, Jira software and Jira service desk on VMware Rhel7.4 with jdk1.8 on a machine that has 8 cpus 16 gb or memory plenty of disk space. From what I've read it has more than enough resources to run one of these and confluence, bamboo, crucible and fisheye.
That however seems to be not to be the case. I try installing and its painstakingly forever slow, and then starting it is just as slow if it starts to complete the install. I tried 7.11 I'm about to install 7.12 and see if that changes anything but I can't even get through the setup to even start doing something with it.
What I am looking for advice on and my goal is how and should I install core, software and service desk on the same server with any of these other applications. or do I need to install them on separate servers, and what kinda of resources should I be aiming for since 8 cpus and 32 GB seem to make no difference over 2 cpus and 4 gb mem. I'm only trying to install a test instance at the moment so I am looking at less than 10 users and maybe 4 or 5 test projects to evaluate the needs when we scale up.
Since I haven't got it installed any of them I don't even know how to go about adding the other applications (core and software for instance)
I've uninstalled Jira software, and when I try to install the newest version or any version for that matter its taking well over 2-3 hours to install and if it starts the set up to get everything loaded.