I first installed an evaluation version of Jira 7.12.3
Then, I purchased this version -
Jira Software (Server) 10 Users: Starter License
After the evaluation version expired, I tried entering the license key for the 10 users version in it, but it didn't accept the key. So I downloaded the setup for it from the "Download Jira Software (Server)" link.
I stopped the Jira service. Then I ran the setup. The setup asked me if I wanted to upgrade an existing installation. I said yes. The upgrade took place. Now, I go to the licenses page and I try to enter the license key for my 10 Users version, but it is rejected and I am unable to use Jira.
The message I get is
"The license could not be installed.
This license is not for the selected product. Please make sure that the license is for the selected product and contact Support if the issue continues."
I can try a clean uninstall of Jira and do a new install, but that way I lose all of the tickets and the project I created during the evaluation period, which I'd prefer to not lose.
Wesley