How do I turn off next-gen. Can't create the board with the settings that I'm used to. I want to go back
There's no "going back" as they are independent projects and different from regular projects
adding to Max's input. Next-gen isn't an off on. It is a template used when creating a project. You can create a classic project and bulk move all issues from NG to the classic one.
Secondly, there is a toggle for 'the new jira view'. It is called Jira-labs. You can enable disable under your avatar (bottom left) and Personal settings.
Classic is grayed out. It won't let me create in classic.
That's because you have to be at least a Jira administrator to create "regular" projects from templates as they have some impact in the backend (creating configuration etc.). So it's not very recommendable to let every user be able to create projects It's not fun to clean up that mess.
correct Max! and this is one of the key 'selling points' of next-gen I think - giving all users the ability to create simplified projects that won't break other projects.
editorial
I wish I wouldn't have tried it. Now I have people using a board that I can't even change the workflow for....They should have waited to roll out this option.
@Matt Strautmann, you can always create a classic project and bulk move the issues.
I'm with Matt. This is not a beta and should never have been rolled out as anything other than a deep inside look into next gen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.