Hi,
I can't seem to get a refresh token back in my authorization request. I have included the offline_access scope as direction in these docs.
Here is my url:
https://accounts.atlassian.com/login?state=6Xru9ZOjlRraECLpqflkZutaP-xURm6A&client=wKF8CdQoIjP022LJnfMjC2pIDgYg0A2q&protocol=oauth2&prompt=consent&audience=api.atlassian.com&scope=offline_access read:jira-user read:jira-work manage:jira-project write:jira-work&redirect_uri=http://localhost:3001/jira&response_type=code
I am trying to make it so that the user of my integration doesn't need to re-auth every hour (which seems to be the expiration length of the oauth token)
Thank you!
Following this documentation https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps:
1. Add `offline_access` to scope in the request to `https://auth.atlassian.com/authorize`, it will not return the refresh token.
2. Continue to the second step in the documentation: getting cloudid. Use the code from callback as in the documentation, the response of this request includes the `refresh_token`.
If anyone is still struggling, the refresh token is provided in the same dictionary as the access token.
So get the code using the authorisation url (making sure to add offline_access); your refresh token will then be in the response when you use that code to get the access token
I didn't find it to be true.
@Henry_Cooper not working for me as well as I adding the offline_access in the scopes in authorisation URL and got code but while using the code to get the access token am getting only acess_token and not the refersh_token
This does not work. I still can't seem to get the refresh token in the first place myself. from when exchanging the code. I don't get the refresh token.
it works for me but I think you are using the wrong URL it must be "https://auth.atlassian.com/authorize"
or they just fixed it.
so basically you will get your refresh_token after you request for the access_token.
I hope this will help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.