It seems to me that next gen projects are a perfect Pandora's Box that Atlassian opened without asking questions.
- Everybody can create next gen projects
- There seemingly is no way to disable this
- You can't export as soon as there is a next gen Project in the system
Well, I'm trying to create an export and I'm constantly chasing people down and failing at that.
If you are trying to make an export you end up chasing after people and the projects they create. Often these projects are just a test to see what happens when you do. I really wonder if anybody has thought about the impact of how next gen projects are handled at all.
A lot of governance goes out the window as soon as the next gen projects are unleashed. People can create all kinds of config items that may slow down the entire system as well as blocking export. If you have 2k users and half of them create a project just to see if they can create fields also, that is going to have an impact on the system, aside from the export issue.
How am I supposed to reign this in?