Would like to have version swimlanes in a Kanban backlog as it is provided in a story map. Configuring swimlanes for a Kanban board (fixVersion = "xxx") has no effect.
Hi @Kerstin Hamann,
When you mean,
"Configuring swimlanes for a Kanban board (fixVersion = "xxx") has no effect."
could you explain what you are trying to achieve? This should assist when trying to answer your query.
Thanks
Hello,
I just tried it in Jira Cloud and it worked for me.
I created a swimlane from query: fixVersion = Version1. Then I added an issue to this version and I could see in my board Version1 and this issue under this version.
If there are no issues attached to a version, then this version will not be visible in the board.
@Alexey Matveev is correct.
To be clear this works for the Kanban view but not backlog view which @Kerstin Hamann seems to be asking for? Swimlanes don’t exist for Backlog view.
I would like to have a Kanban backlog where items are ordered by version (fixVersion). The version I want to have as kind of seperator, title. I think that is what swimlanes do. What I did is the following: create stories, create versions and assign stories to versions, enable Kanban Backlog and configure swimlanes (Board configuration) as JQL in that way:
Dec 2018 Release fixVersion = "Dec 2018"
What I want is a Kanban backlog that looks like this:
Dec 2018 Release
story 1
Jan 2019 Release
story 2
Story 3
I use Jira Server (not Cloud).
Thanks that is why I cannot see the swimlanes in the Backlog (but unfortunally also not in the Board view)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.