Getting the following error when trying to make changes to an issue (mark as done, etc)
"The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."
If I look at the developer tools, it is trying to make a request over HTTP. The base URL is set to HTTPS already.
I have done setup according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/integrating-jira-with-apache-using-ssl-861253896.html
Mixed content console message:
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://jira.[domain]/browse/BEADS-4' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://jira.[domain]/secure/CommentAssignIssue!default.jspa?_=1541458721431&action=21&inline=true&atl_token=[token]'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
It is also trying to load profile images over HTTP. Not sure why it is ignoring the base URL setting as HTTPS.
I have seen this happen before. Just because you have the base url in Jira set to use HTTPS, that doesn't mean that Tomcat (jira's web server) understands where traffic routed to it is coming from. When I have seen this mixed contain message it's because a configuration setting has been missed.
I would return to your $JIRAINSTALL/conf/bin/server.xml file. In that file, you should have added the following parameters to your <connector>
proxyNameproxyPortscheme
Since we know you're using apache to proxy the information, you probably need to set the proxyName value equal to your jira.example.com address. The proxyPort is like 443 if you're using SSL on the default port for https. And the scheme here should be https. So your connector should look something like this:
<Connector acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"<br>proxyName=jira.example.com<br>proxyPort="443"<br>scheme="https"<br>/>
If these are not set yet, you need to add them, save this file, and then restart Jira again for these to take effect.
That is pretty close to what I had, I played around with port and proxyport, but I didn't notice any change after restarting the JIRA server with those settings. I didn't find the server.xml in the /bin/ directory as you mentioned, though, it was in the conf directory. Is there a discrepancy there?
Sorry, that was my typo. The file location does exist in the $JIRAINSTALL/conf/ directory only.
What version of Jira is this?
Could you share with us the content of your current server.xml file? Specifically any/all <Connector> tags you might have. I'm not looking for keystore/password information, just trying to understand your settings better.
<Service name="Catalina"><Connector port="8080"maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000"enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/> <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" proxyname="jira.[myserver]" proxyPort="443" enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="false" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>
Hello
I am having same issue.
proxyNameproxyPortscheme did not work
Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script '<URL>'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
This started happening after we changed the jira from http to https
Base URL: https://jira.***com:8443
My Server.xml file looks like:
<Connector acceptCount="100" bindOnInit="false" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina"><Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" path="" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true"><Resource auth="Container" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60" name="UserTransaction" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/><Manager pathname=""/><JarScanner scanManifest="false"/><Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="120"/></Context>
</Host><Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r""/></Engine>
<Connector SSLEnabled="true" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" acceptCount="100" clientAuth="false" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" keyAlias="jira.***.com" keystoreFile="D:\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\jira.***.com.jks" keystorePass="******" keystoreType="JKS" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" scheme="https" secure="false" sslProtocol="TLS" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>
The use of proxyName and proxyPort is really only appropriate for when you have a reverse proxy in front of Jira, such as Apache, nginx, IIS, etc. In your case, it looks like you are terminating SSL directly in Jira's Tomcat container. That's fine to do, but you don't need those parameters in that case.
From looking at your config file, I think your connector using port 8443 has a
secure="false"
when it should be
secure="true"
This is also cited in the guide Running Jira applications over SSL or HTTPS , which is more appropriated for this kind of configuration.
Try changing that, save the file, and then restart Jira. If you're still seeing that same error, then I'd be interested to learn more about what URL you are visiting in Jira when you see this. Is this the same as the base URL set within Jira's system settings?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.