The user is active in Active Directory(AD)
But, in JIRA it is showing as Inactive. User is unable to login.
Hi @Harish Bangera,
Was the user ever deactivated in AD?
Thanks
The flag in AD is separate to the flag in Jira. Go to Jira's user management, find the user and turn off the "inactive" flag.
Jira does not give the option because the user is managed in AD not Jira. Is there another option? I'm having this same issue for a single user and it's odd.
Active Directory they show as Active;
Jira shows them as Inactive;
I have disabled, changed OU, sync Jira with AD, changed OU, and re-enabled user, sync Jira with AD -- Issue persists;
Is there something on the server that can be changed?
No Danny. Please help
Hi Nic,
I went to JIRA's user management,found the user, but there is no inactive flag to turn off. I am attaching the screenshot for your reference
My line of thinking was along a similar route as @Raynard Rhodes as I found a similar question.
The steps listed are:
I am also having the same issue.
I also failed to mentioned I check the audit logs for this particular person. This happened the the final week of October, but an hour later it was switched to active. We didn't notice at the time because he doesn't always login. This time we noticed because it remained inactive after switching.
October 24th ~2:30pm it was switched to inactive by Jira
October 24th ~3:30pm it was switched to active by Jira
During that time nothing major was going on, no changes were taking place. This was the only time since we've implemented Jira that this has happened to this individual. I have not checked other profiles.
The system admin was able to go into the PostGre database and activate the account from there. He also had to modify the display name to remove the "[X]". I'm not sure why this happened.
After this syncing works normally and the user is able to login.
I just got back from vacation and we have an instance that is not synchronizing with AD correctly. A recently added user was showing as inactive with an incomplete group membership listing. Verified the account and groups were all done correctly based on the filteres in use. I tried removing the user from the group, synched it, readded to the group, synched again but it still would not update the directory correctly. Ended up turning off Incremental Synchronization in the User Directory/Advanced settings and after one more sync, all of the issues were resolved.
Full sync worked for me. We have a small team, it would be good that if the license type was the 10 users version, that it default to full sync.
Edit your configured user directory (/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/list) and uncheck:
This allows you to enable/disable users in Jira.
Hi @Raynard Rhodes
I have an same issue. can you please help me
One of my user is inactive in jira but he is active in AD and he is able to access jira too but in UI showing as INACTIVE
Can you please help me
Sagar
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.