Hi,
I have confluence and jira self hosted server (on the same server) .
I am only using confluence on a daily basis. Jira is only configured as a user dictionary.
I've modified my confluence to https scheme with a certificate and everything is working well (changed ports etc).
After a few days of work on confluence when one of my users recevied an exception about permission after clicking the password recovery link he received in his email.
From checking the confluence logs i saw there is a permission problem with Jira, when i tried to login to Jira i noticed i cant login as well.
Jira atlassian-jira-security.log shows the following:
2018-11-04 18:33:21,206 http-nio-8080-exec-4 anonymous 1113x141x1 - 192.168.1.60 /rest/gadget/1.0/login HttpSession created [1hqwhcl]
2018-11-04 18:33:21,219 http-nio-8080-exec-4 adminuser 1113x141x1 - 192.168.1.60 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'adminuser' has PASSED authentication.
2018-11-04 18:33:21,305 http-nio-8080-exec-13 anonymous 1113x142x1 - 192.168.1.60 /secure/Dashboard.jspa HttpSession created [14r4rvx]
2018-11-04 18:34:39,259 ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]] HttpSession [14r4rvx] destroyed for 'anonymous'
2018-11-04 18:34:39,260 ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]] HttpSession [1hqwhcl] destroyed for 'adminuser'
2018-11-04 18:34:39,260 ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]] HttpSession [v7y6vs] destroyed for 'anonymous'
UPDATE: It seems there is an issue with the cookies / sessions in JIRA and confluence.
testing from EDGE browser seemed to work only if you mark the "remember me" option.
I can now login to the system but I encountered another issue with the Crowd connectivity between the confluence and the jira (user directory)
Not sure how to solve that one yet.