We have several Jira Service Desk projects running on our cloud instance. Recently one of the service desk admins picked up on an issue with certain attachments not opening. Specifically, the issue related to emails that had been sent to the service desk project, with multiple attachments, including emails.
Upon investigation, the original email sent to the service desk project included an Outlook message, which was converted to an EML file during the Jira Service Desk issue creation process. Jira seemed to process the attached email correctly as it appeared in the attachment list and activity log. When trying to open the attached email from Jira, we get the error:
Not found provided by defaulter
After spending several hours trying to determine what Jira didn't like about the email, I realised that the issue was due to the attached emails subject length.
I've been testing with a draft email with differing subject lengths (same content). In Server Desk I have a test issue and from Outlook, I'm replying to the issue creation notification, attaching different versions of the draft email.
When the subject length of the attached draft email is 60 characters or less, Jira processes the attachment and it opens correctly. When the subject is >75 characters, Jira shows the attachment but on opening, I get the error mentioned above.
Waffle, waffle, waffle.... Has anyone else encountered this?
I've gone through what options are available for me to configure but can't see anything obvious. Any help would be appreciated.