I want to integrate my website with jira so that a user of my site can access his jira issues. Which the best way to do it? application link, plugin or I will to to make an app on Jira cloud? I am using rails
Use the REST API to talk to it: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3
But I want to integrate in such a way that a user can see a a button or action of some sort on Jira issue page, which will ask whether he want want to create a milestone on my website. If he says yes then a new milestone would be created on my site whose name and description would be same as that of jira issue. will this be possible through rest API. Also could ypu please explain me when should we use application link, plugin or jira cloud app
Just adding to the suggestion from @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-.If the call is outgoing (from JIRA to your website), then use Webhook.
but how will I connect a user's Jira account to his account on my website?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.