When our 'customers' try to register on JIRA Service Desk, they receive a "The link is bad" error page when clicking on the confirmation email sent to their inbox. What causes this and how do I fix it?
Hi Aaron,
I was able to reproduce the same error on my test instance.I've tried to create an account for my test email and the first email I got pointed to "The link is bad":
After that, I clicked to "Go back" and added the email again to resend the invitation and it worked.I tried with another test account as well and the link worked normally to finish the account creation.Can you please ask this customer to try to create the account again?
I saw that your colleague Glenn opened a ticket to our support related to this issue.We will be investigating the issue on the ticket and when it's resolved, I'll post here.
Regards,Angélica
I'm having the same problem, however, I can not get it to work no matter what I try.
Hi Michael,
Thank you for reporting this issue to us.I saw that you opened a ticket with our support related to the same issue. So, let's focus on the ticket just to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms.After the ticket is closed, I'll post the resolution here.
Best regards,Angélica LuzAtlassian Support | Cloud
Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue. This isn't very good when you're dealing with clients, looks bad. A solution or a fix for this would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi @T P,
I've checked on some related tickets that this error message appears when the customer already has an account as an internal user or an inactive account. Can you please check if this customer has a duplicated account on Site administration > User or Site administration > Jira Service Desk > Portal only customers?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.