Hi,
I'm trying to change custom field type (single line to multi line) following this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/changing-custom-field-types-in-jira-158357.html - via Import CSV.
There are several issues during import:
Have anyone experienced this issue?
Thank you
Jan
Please make sure you have exported the data with 3 columns- Issue key, Summary and the custom field. During the csv import map the key to 'Issue key' and it will be available. Thus, it will update the new custom field value alone. OR another choice is,
If you have script runner plugin-> Builtin scripts and copy the old single line custom field value to new multi line custom field as it is. Then, removing the old custom field as in the below screen shot.
image2016-10-19 15:15:28.png
Hi Mahesh,
I followed the guide step by step
Trouble is that Issue key field is not available at all. I try to reindex JIRA.
Regards
Hope you opened the csv and edited. Did you used Microsoft excel for that? If yes, please import as Excel instead of CSV since the character coding differs for both.
It seems to be a problem with the csv format/alignment. Please cehck it with notepad++. However, reindexing may not help you now.
Hi Jan,
You can try the db aproach as listed in the guide you listed
If you wanted to convert a Text-field Custom Field to a Free-text-field(unlimited text) Custom Field, first you need to change the data type from a stringvalue field to textvalue:UPDATE customfieldvalue SET textvalue=stringvalue WHERE customfield=(SELECT ID FROM customfield WHEREcustomfieldtypekey='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textfield' AND cfname='Text Field');Then, change the Custom Field type by updating the customfield table as below:UPDATE customfield SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textarea', CUSTOMFIELDSEARCHERKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textsearcher'where cfname='Text Field';
UPDATE customfieldvalue SET textvalue=stringvalue WHERE customfield=(SELECT ID FROM customfield WHERE
customfieldtypekey='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textfield' AND cfname='Text Field');
UPDATE customfield SET CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textarea', CUSTOMFIELDSEARCHERKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textsearcher'
where cfname='Text Field';
You could do that with the free plugin Home Directory and DB Browser for JIRA. Keep in mind that you will have to restart and reindex JIRA after that.
Regards,
Peter
I managed to find where the problem is.
When I click on Issues > Import Issues from CSV I can't select Issue Key for mapping.
When I go thru Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > Import (CSV) the import wizzard is slightly different and I'm able to select Issue Key and import process is able to sucessfully finish.
So there are 2 CSV import wizzards. Strange.
Thank you for hinting other solutions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.