Once you complete an epic and all of the stories within it, it still shows on the board. How do you remove it from the board once done?
Hello,
Once all the work for an epic is completed, you should mark it as complete on the roadmap.
To complete an epic:
Select the epic you'd like to mark as complete.
Under Status, select Done.
You can find more info about epics here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Working-with-epics-in-next-gen-Software-projects/ba-p/896953
If you mean that the epic is in the most right column of your backlog board, then it will be removed after 14 days.
I did change the status of an epic to Done (several times back and forth to be sure), but I still see the epic on my board. It's automatically folded, but this is not enough, as done epics will clutter the board more and more. Can I make done epics disappear completely from the board?
Unless I'm missing something, it isn't possible to move epics to the rightmost column of the board, because epics never show up on the board.
It is possible to mark epics as "Done," but this doesn't cause them to disappear from the roadmap after 14 days (or ever).
Am I correctly understanding how epics work now?
Also looking for an answer on this. Is the only way to shove them to the bottom or delete them? Is there no archive?
Same here, I have marked the Epic as done and I would like for it to be archived or something sot that it is no longer cluttering up the board.
This is definitely a bug. I've submitted it as a support request to see if they'll create an issue for it in their public tracker, or at least acknowledge that this is a pretty serious design flaw.
Has there been any update on this? Our Roadmap is overloaded with completed Epics and all child tasks have been moved to completed on the board and marked as done on the epic yet it still just sits.
I am experiencing the same problem. Great project configuration, just gets more unusable as you use it!
I don't think there's been any update, but it is now possible to filter the roadmap by epic status, so you can make the ones marked "Done" disappear from the view. This is handy, but unfortunately you need to do it every time you come back to the page -- the filter setting doesn't persist -- or you need to bookmark the URL.
Is there a ticket in somewhere to get this resolved? I'm having the same issue - the roadmap is growing and growing. I've done the steps suggested (marking as done, moving to the bottom and filtering by To Do and In Progress) but would be great to not have to do this all the time!
Also waiting for this issue to be resolved...
set the filter on the roadmap to exclude the completed epics
On the Roadmap viem, press "View settings"
Set it to only show Incomplete
It will remove the Epic from the Roadmap view.
Not perfect but a start.
This is a great help - thanks for noticing and posting. Much better than setting the filters every time you load the page!
That'll do fine! Thanks!
But this is only for roadmap, how about the same setting for backlog, please?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.