How do I create a release in a next-gen kanban project. My "done" queue is growing larger.
Or is there any other way to move things out of the board?
Hello,
There is no release button or releases in the next-gen projects. Issues in the Done column will be automatically removed from your board after 14 days.
You can find more info here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/get-started-with-next-gen-boards-945104903.html
Releases and versions are now available in Next-gen projects. I found this recently under "Project Settings --> Features":
Afterwards, "Releases" will show up in the primary left nav:
Thank you!
You are welcome!
This explains why I have not managed, after 2 hours of googling, to find a way of adding the VERSIONS function in my next gen projcet - so HOW do we track releases in teh new project(s)? - My Dev Team used teh Fix Versions field to assign issues to releases, which we kind of got into the habit of doing... HELP!!??
We enabled full support for release functionality in Next-Gen projects in app Swanly release timeline for Jira Cloud.You can create release for Next-Gen project, access Releases screen and assign versions to Next-Gen issues. just like in clasic projects.
There is much more features available in the app eg. Visualisation of releases on Timeline, Adding custom stages to releases, cross-project releases…(I'm the product owner of the app)
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-timeline-for-jira
This is a paid add-on which should be explicitly stated.
.
So i have to pay for such a basic option :O
Thanks but... No ^^
Either create a Fix versions label field, or use the OOTB Labels one (which will at least give you the drop-down backlog filter).
I'm also wondering about this. I have a board that's filled to the rim with Done issues. I've included them all in a Release and Archived that version but they are still there. What gives?
@Lily Is there a reason for not clearing the "Done" column of its tickets whenever you release the version they belong to, or is this feature yet to be developed?
I've read that the tickets in the "Done" column is archived after 14 days, but my preference is that they are remove together with the corresponding version as I release that version, or the "Done" column early get very cluttered.
Many thanks
Pernilla
Great workaround but this is not a replacement for the Versioning feature.
Atlassian, can you please fix the issue whereby the Release 'version' link is not going to the Versions/Release page for that version? It is just going to the JQL for that release.
After I release a version, all of the Done tickets from that version are still sitting in the Done column - shouldn't they go away?
What We want is a Release button in which all "done" issues will be marked automatically as selected Version, and also disappear from Board!
Hello!
It sounds like you have a special interest in releases. If so, we’d like to invite you to a private community designed to better understand our customers different software releases processes, and to share some of our release management ideas for feedback.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
This community will be a place where you can ask questions, suggest ideas, and provide feedback on releases. We may also email you directly with questions outside of the online group.
It’s for anyone who has a role to play in preparing, planning and/or deploying a software release.
The community will run for about 5 months, you can stay for as little or as long as you like.
The group will be managed by Kahlia Pyle, Zaki Salleh and Andrew Pankevicicius
Please click here Exploring Releases if you are interested or email me at kpyle@atlassian.com
Thanks - we’re looking forward to shaping the future of Atlassian products with you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.