Hey all,
I've been banging my head against this automation all day, hoping someone with a big brain can help me.
To summarize my use case:
I have JSD issues that need to be moved semi-frequently between two internal service desk projects.
The goal is to move an issue cross-project and automate the selection of the request type.
The issue thus far:
I've programmed the stock JSD automation tool to listen for the created issue post function event in each help desk workflow to trigger an update to the request type. The automation rule and post functions are identical in each project.
The issues, on initial creation, are appropriately applying the request type associated with the project's issue type.
When I move an issue from Desk A to Desk B - the request type is not being updated, and results in a 'no match' message. The issue type is correct.
When creating an issue in Desk B, and moving to Desk A - the same issue occurs. No updates are made, and the request field is blank.
Other things I've tried:
Set a post function event on both create transitions to set the request type - didn't work
Tried automating a comment after the transition that would kick off the request type update - didn't work
Please provide your sage wisdom. I'm leaving for the day, but will check back as early as possible to shower you with more information and gratitude. Thanks!