I have setup a Scrum board in Greenhopper. I configured the board to use Story Points for estimation as well as "Remaining Estimate and Time Spent" for time tracking. When I add new user stories to the backlog and bring them into a new sprint I can see the Estimate field summing the story point estimates. I can also add time remaining on the user story, defects and tasks. However, I can't find any way to add remaining estimate on sub tasks. If you see the attached image you can see that there are sub tasks on the user story, and there is a remaining column on the grid that displays the sub tasks. However, I have tried every way possible to edit the sub task and can't add remaining estimate. The time tracking portion of the Sub Tasks in Jira is not enabled until the sprint is started.
We do our estimates based on story points, but burn down based on time estimates. When I try to start the sprint it tells me that the user story doesn't have a value for the Remaining field and that any changes after the sprint will be treated as scope change. If I put remaining on the user story I can't track the burn down based on sub tasks. I can add remaining estimate to the sub tasks after the sprint starts but it gets added to the remaining for the user story.