Hi,
is it possible to transition automatically to a specific status according to the completion of a custom field?
Thanks
Melissa
I think it's doable as a system admin; you go to "Add-Ons", then "Script Listeners", and define a "Fast-track transition an issue" listener. Select your project(s), the "Issue Updated" event, and a Condition like:
cfValues['Some Custom Field'] == 'Some Value'
And then the appropriate Action (making certain to select the specific action relevant to the workflow).
Hmm, I just noticed the "jira-servicedesk" portion of this; disclaimer, I know nothing about that specifically, so I have to hope my answer is relevant.
You could do this with the JIRA Automation plugin.
Choose trigger type "Issue Event Trigger", Issue Event "Issue Updated" and JQL Expression to match the value that you want, e.g. <yourcustomfield> = '<value you want>'
Then define an action to transition as you require. Make sure you get the right workflow and transition with the right id.
thanks to both of you for your very very helpful answers
it works
melissa
one more question: would it work if the value is preset for a custom field in the project X which would transition to a status in the project Y?
and would it be possible to configure this automatic function for the following example: I create an issue and then a subtask inside this issue. Can i tell if I close the substask, then my issue will be set in Resolved automatically? Is tehre a way to precise that the condition is on the subtask? thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.