Hi,
I just created a new instance of JIRA to test the roadmap feature into a Scrum project but I can't find Project settings > Features to enable the feature.
Someone can help me with that?
Thanks,
Hello,
You created a classic project not a next-gen project. You should create a next-gen project
Thanks!!
You are welcome!
And how would the new roadmap feature become available if you are already running a classic project?
Also would like to see the Roadmap feature for Classic projects.
As the time tracking feature isn't available for the Net Gen projects we can only use Classics.
Alternatively please enable time tracking for Next Gen projects...
I'm really surprised by this limitations. I created my project only a while ago and didn't even know about this limitations. And now I saw the roadmap feature advertised and had so search for long to find this thread telling me that I can't use it. That's a really frustrating and sad experience. I think there needs to be an option to convert/migrate classic to next-gen projects. And besides the roadmap view I really don't see the difference between classic and next-gen.
Proceed with Caution! There is a huge difference in classic vs next-gen projects. For me the next-gen showstopper was the fact that once a sprint is completed you are no longer able to access the stories from that sprint. There are many more differences but that is not the purpose of this thread.
Currently because of the limitations listed below among other things it is not possible for us to migrate from classic to next-gen. Not the end of the world for now, but I hope to see in the future either improved migration or most of main new features added to both type of projects.
Regards,
Steve
Next-gen projects and classic projects are technically quite different, so a few things can break when you migrate from a classic software project to a next-gen software project. For example:
Epic links and issue links: Any issue links in your classic project will not exist in your next-gen project. The issues themselves will still exist, but the links between them won't.
Subtasks: All subtasks will be lost in this migration process.
Custom fields: These must be recreated in your new next-gen project.
Story points estimation: This data will be lost, however you'll be able to start using story points estimation by enabling the Estimation feature in your next-gen project.
Can anyone with creating a Next-Gen project. I already have two projects in JIRA
Another issue, but maybe related for some of you. You currently cannot see child issues from other projects on the roadmap, please upvote here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21093
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.