Hi,
Can I migrate a classic project to a next-gen project?
thanks,
Eran
you can't "migrate" precisely in that there is no 'button' to migrate. However, you can move all issues from the classic project to the next-gen. Depending on the complexity of the workflow on the classic you will need to map the status to the more streamlined next-gen but the Move will walk you thru it. You can easily start w/ just moving 1 or 2 to try it out first then do a bulk move.
let me know if you have any issues in doing this.
Thanks Jack for your swift answer
To avoid loosing info, I've tried to clone and move to the new next-gen project and it seems to work fine.
Will continue from here
thanks again!
You are most welcome. Please consider accepting the answer.
How do you clone a project? I can't find a button in JIRA Cloud to do that.
Thanks!
Hey All!
Old post but I would like to add that I came across the same requirement and it was literally not possible to migrate all the stories of all the projects we had in the classic project. So I wrote a python script to do it for me. You can try it out as well. https://github.com/maknahar/jira-classic-to-next-gen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.