I have a custom field that i need to be displayed on the JIRA service desk screens and should be mandatory.
BUT I dont want this field to be displayed in the customer portal screens [ for each of the request types]
Currently if i make the field as 'Required' [ via the field configuration screen] then it will appear on the customer portal request type screens by default (the field is linked to the issuetype associated with the specific Request Type)
i made the field optional. then removed it from all the portal screens and when i made the field mandatory again the field reappears on the portal screens.
I only want the field to be mandatory for the internal SD screens.
Is there some logic i am missing or is this how SD is designed?
Is there any other way of achieving the objective ( i.e. to have it mandatory for SD agent users and make it not displayed on the customer portal screens) ?