Hello,
the title says it all. I have been checking out the page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/testing-database-access-speed-54362302.html and while I was able to run the test, the numbers don't really tell me much, as I do not have a baseline to compare it to.
On the page, there is "We do not have clearly defined "excellent, good, bad" ranges but in a large installation we look for mean values below 20ms for all metrics and below 10ms is ideal. The faster the better." The paragraph is about miliseconds and the results are defined in nanoseconds... is that a typo or not?
There is also an increase by an order of magnitude of the numbers in the lines beginning in "retrieve", ex.
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
stat mean median min max
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
retrieve-issue 220,973 192,981 169,149 3,970,467
get-issue 50,676 33,986 17,001 2,845,513
retrieve-workflow 208,766 182,322 159,930 4,280,980
get-workflow 26,421 17,896 13,099 322,557
retrieve-custom-field-value 201,820 176,722 157,086 6,113,428
get-custom-field-value 26,985 17,667 13,047 1,791,059
Why is that? That is quite a large discrepancy.