I have a project from which I need to retrieve the list of distinct users that are reporters or assignees. I saw some answers about a REST API that returns the users in a project role (e.g. jira-users) but I'm not sure it will work for me as this is an old project so there are many reporters and assignees who are no longer in the company, so maybe they're not in the jira-users group anymore.
I can easily do this:
1. Run a Jira issue search, select these 2 columns and export to a CSV.
2. Remove all duplicate users - either by an Excel function in the CSV, or by a simple Python script run on the CSV.
However, I wonder whether it's possible to go straight to the horse's mouth, meaning run an SQL snippet on the Jira database, something like this (very pseudo-SQL):
select distinct assignee from my_issue where (my_issue = select issue from all_jira_projects where project = 'MyProject']
Thanks