After moving an issue to another project, there seems to be references to the original project, as users need permissions in the original project.
How does one clear out (sterilize) these references?
One of the references that are carried over during a MOVE is the sprint (sprint marker), even if that sprint has nothing to do with the project you are moving the issue to.
Do a quick audit of open issues in both projects (to and from) and ensure that there is not a sprint marker assigned from the other projects board. Do not use a JIRA Agile board to perform this audit as you will typically have the offending issues filtered out, Instead use an issue filter, looking at open sprints, and look for one that does not belong to that project. (Hopefully you do not use short Sprint names like 'Sprint 1' on all your projects.)
I am assuming the references you are referring to here are the sprint information references and the issue links.
With sprints, you can put the Sprint field in the edit issue screens to remove the sprint field values from the moved issues.
With issue links you can directly delete the issue links to the original issue from the view issue screen of moved issue.
Pilar
You won't be able to clear out the history without code though.
I'm not sure which references in the system are causing this issue. That is part of what I am asking. What fields (columns) do we needs to clean out to prevent this issue? I have already attempted to interact and clear out the Sprint field. The field does NOT include a sprint from original project, but it does in the current project. Just as a matter of trying something, we have attempted to clear out field (delete the sprint value that is there) and then re-add that sprint value. This did not work. If I need to clean out Issue links on the clones, we can try that, but what issue links are left behind on a Move? I have not noticed any.
Nic, the references I am referring to are causing the issue, in its new location, to require permissions from its old location.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.