While in an "Epic", what is the difference from entering something in the "sub-task" area vs the "issues in Epic" area?
@Curtis Bussey, welcome to the Community. I'm not sure i fully follow you regarding "while in an epic" and "entering something...". However, let me see if this helps.
The relationship tree looks something like this:
Epic-A
Story1
sub-task1
sub-task2
Story2
Everything is an "issue" in Jira terms (epics, stories, tasks, sub-tasks, etc.)
Hello Curtis,-epics are large bodies of work which are broken into smaller "issues in epic"-tasks are technical work and if task is really complicated it can be broken into smaller sub-tasks to make it easier to manage Cheers,Maciej
Thank you for your help...I've got a lot to learn with JIRA. I've been using JIRA for less than a week but I do want to mater the software in time.
Curtis
Thanks for the help...that helps a lot. Very nice breakdown of each element.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.