There are two Jira projects that I would like to combine for various reasons. One project has a small amount of tasks, so that is simple to move over to the other project (which has many more tasks and months of GH/RapidBoard sprints/epics/etc.).
The problem is that they KEY for the second (large) project makes no sense for its use. No direct way to change project keys (other than the bulk export, mod xml, import and re-index, which is risky).
I could bulk move everything to a new project, but we must absolutely keep everything from Greenhopper in its current state and intact (all sprints, history, epics, associations, links, backlog ranking, etc.). Nothing I have been able to find about moving projects mentions how Greenhopper will handle a bulk move, and I've only found similar topics that seem to say that you will lose it all, but maybe a re-index fixes it? (see: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/164816/moving-an-in-use-epic-to-another-project-loses-greenhopper-history-progress).
I'm just looking for a definitive answer on if a bulk move all tasks from one project to another, will all greenhopper data be retained (and if not, will a re-index fix that)??