Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can find the high level architecture diagram for the cloud JIRA? From what I could get from the details available on the public site, it runs on AWS, uses PostgreSQL as the DB but no complete architecture diagram for it. The closest I could find was for the JIRA Data Center using AWS: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/getting-started-with-jira-data-center-on-aws-938846966.html
Thanks,
-Abhishek
Hi @Abhishek Singh - just wanted to follow-up here!
We recently published a cloud infrastructure diagram that includes a description of how our cloud architecture is set up, how requests are processed in Jira or Confluence, and how we handle performance and availability.
Check it out and let me know what you think!
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-architecture-973494795.html
There isn't one.
This is because you don't care.
Cloud Jira (and the rest) provides you a service. How that works and what it is built on is utterly irrelevant to the end user.
Thanks Nic.
Yes, we as an end user may not care but at an Enterprise level, we need to perform a vendor security review and this is one of the artifact they are looking for to determine how their data is being handled by the vendor.
I have seen other SaaS vendors doing the same where they share the high level Architecture diagram and substantiate in what capacity they plan to store the customers data and how it is highly secured.
Atlassian has some good documentation on their data privacy and unfortunately that does not seem to be sufficient for the team which does the vendor security reviews at my Organization.
The Atlassian support team has reached back to us with some additional documentation and I am waiting for the internal team to confirm whether that is sufficient or not at this point.
hello Abhishek,Did you ever find out if the documents provided were sufficient.
I'm currently being asked the same question.
Hi Jamie, I Believe so. I don't remember the specifics but I was able to get all the necessary information to our security team and make our SaaS JIRA instance compliant as per our security guidelines.
We decided to update this diagram....Check it out! https://www.atlassian.com/trust/reliability/cloud-architecture-and-operational-practices#data-location
Thanks @Griffin Jones
Thank you Lauren.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.