While creating an issue in jira project, could not add a link of confluence story in Epic link field and throws an error: Epic with key does not exist.
Hi, @Sivashankari Rathinam! Welcome to the community. I'm going to move your post to the Jira collection, where I hope you can get a good answer from the experts there. Feel free to introduce yourself, too!
@Sivashankari RathinamThe epic Link is to link an issue of issueType epic, so what you need to do is to create an issue of type epic on the screen you will see epic name enter any name of your choice then this issue which you have presented the screen, shot which shows you this error , enter this issue of type Epic which you have created in the epic link by typing the Epic name in the box for epic link.
I hope it's clear!
Best!
Thanks a lot Moses...
Hi Siva,
This field is useful when you want to link a story with epic. Allows adding Epic Issue Key only. This also useful when you want to find out how many stories are connected using this epic link through JQL. It is Jira Software locked field so you can not customize also because it has a specific purpose.
Hi Riya,
Thanks..
You mean to say that I should use the epic key when I used to create epic issue type for that project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.