I got a problem with workflow. Is there any action must be done?
Hello,
Could you have a look in the atlassian-error.log file for any errors?
I found:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.opensymphony.workflow.FactoryException: Error converting XML to workflow descriptor.: root cause: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1d) was found in the element content of the document. (line:4 col:161)at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.CachingWorkflowDescriptorStore.loadWorkflowDescriptor(CachingWorkflowDescriptorStore.java:110)at com.atlassian.cache.memory.MemoryCacheManager$3$1.load(MemoryCacheManager.java:211)at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCache.lambda$get$0(DelegatingCache.java:168)at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCache.lambda$get$1(DelegatingCache.java:196)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalManualCache$1.load(LocalCache.java:4742)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3937)at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalManualCache.get(LocalCache.java:4739)at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCache.get(DelegatingCache.java:183)... 435 moreCaused by: com.opensymphony.workflow.FactoryException: Error converting XML to workflow descriptor.: root cause: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1d) was found in the element content of the document. (line:4 col:161)at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowUtil.convertXMLtoWorkflowDescriptor(WorkflowUtil.java:200)at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OfBizWorkflowDescriptorStore.convertGVToDescriptor(OfBizWorkflowDescriptorStore.java:135)at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OfBizWorkflowDescriptorStore.getWorkflow(OfBizWorkflowDescriptorStore.java:43)at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.CachingWorkflowDescriptorStore.loadWorkflowDescriptor(CachingWorkflowDescriptorStore.java:108)... 446 more
Have a look at this KB:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/invalid-xml-character-causing-workflow-page-not-able-to-be-viewed-702710147.html
Hey @Tan Ngo Hoang Quoc,
It seems that the log provided is related to the KB Alexey have provided. Have you checked the article out to see if it helps? If it didn't, updating it here can allow for other users to chip in some ideas to resolve the issue.
If it does help, do share the good news here and accept the comment as the solution. It will be helpful for other users who are facing a similar occurrence as they will know the article has helped with the situation.Kind regards,Irfan
Thanks for this information. Actually, I replace the descriptor of workflow that I found having the problem with the basic workflow then, the problem is fixed.
Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.