I am migrating a project with its issues from one Jira server to another.
In the old project, we have several project-specific issue types (no problem there), but there are several issues of types Customer Request and Task, which are standard Jira issue types.
In order to migrate the old issues, I must add these two types into the new project's issue type scheme.
The side effect of this is that new issues can be later created with these types.
I need to block this option as we do not want any new issues of these types.
In related post that I searched the suggestion is to tweak the workflows.
However, I cannot change the workflows of these issue types (being standard Jira workflows), nor can I change the project's issue type scheme post-migration (I assume it will be rejected since there are issues with these types).
I also do not see how to it via a permission scheme, since it's action-oriented and there is no way to block Create Issue action based on action details.
Any idea?